Sarcastic Fringerhead is another lesser known fish that mostly found in the Pacific Ocean, at the coastal area of North America. These are quite an unusual type of fish and very small. Even at a glance, you will not even find it. They are very much aggressively territorial and fight off with everything that comes close to the fish. It has needle-like, sharp teeth to attack its targets. They never leave any fight down. Even they harass the divers to come close to its home. But they are very small in size, so there is no threat to the humans.
20 significant facts about the fish:
(1) They fight with others also in an unusual way. If any animal comes close to it, they first warn them with a wide open mouth. They attack them in an interesting way.
(2) They fight with them by pressing the distended mouth and at a glance, you will think that they are kissing. This fish in size can be 12 inch or 30 cm.
(3) They are scaleless and come with pectorial.
(4) Female fishes spawn under any rock while the male ones guard their eggs.
(5) They usually go for the mouth wrestling under the water.
(6) As the name implies, they are very much temperamental and aggressively protect their homes from all the enemies or intruders, no matter what the size of them.
(7) They protrude their heads. As they find any sign of the danger, they employ their sharp teeth and largemouth to defense.
(8) By snapping and flexing their jaws, they can leave out any danger.
(9) This is one of the most frightening looking fish that very small in size.
(10) They are known as Neoclinus blanchardi.
(11) They live in the burrows generally of the shells, logs and to the rock crack and even they can stay in the discarded garbage like the empty bottles and jars. ‘
(12) They found generally in Mexico and California.
(13) Instead of their attacking behavior, they survive only by eating the crustaceans and small-sized fishes that found underwater.
(14) They live up to six years but its length does not grow up more than 25 cm or 10 inches. Despite the fact that they are very small in size, they don’t have any threat from the larger species and the reason is, they have very powerful and strong mechanism of defense and very violent in behavior.
(15) They are not also a fishing item of the humans for their kind of behavior.
(16) The sarcastic term is appropriate with the sense of the word “flesh-tearing”, that very common with the fish.
(17) They are small in size but very hardy fish.
(18) Female fishes are like the tube blennies and they lay the eggs in the shelters of the male while the male fishes protect them from the threats or predators.
(19) There is very little known fact about the feeding habits of the fish, but the scientists think that the large, grossly mouth affect a lot for preying.
(20) They can be found eating many squid eggs, which is a significant source of food for many of the species.